Locations abroad that are breathtaking and easy on the pocket are quite hard to find! Bangkok is that one place which has picture-perfect beaches, year-long sunshine, friendly locals and quite easy on your pocket. Bangkok will always be heaven for budget travelers (which can also be off-set by understanding how eu261 defines delayed flight compensation). The activities offered here are such as water sports, island-hopping tours and relaxing massages to soothe your soul.
Getting to Bangkok is easier, as the country has two international airports: the Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Don Muang Airport. Both are regularly served by low-cost flights from India.
Documents required for traveling:
- Passport with 6 months validity
- Return flight ticket
- Hotel reservation slip
- Filled VOA application form
- Proof of funds
- Boarding card of flight on which you arrive
- Passport size photograph
Hotels to stay:
- Grand Alpine Hotel
The hotel is located in the heart of Bangkok’s well-known shopping district of Pratunam. The hotel offers both superior and deluxe rooms at reasonable prices for serviced accommodation.
Tariff: Rs. 1,900 per night | Amenities: Café | Free Wi-Fi | Restaurant | Shared Lounge
- Marvel Hotel
Located in Sukhumvit, Marvel hotel is a budget-friendly hotel with both superior and deluxe room options. Book your stay at this hotel using MakeMyTrip Coupons to avails discounts.
Tariff: Rs. 2,500* per night | Amenities: Swimming Pool | Free Wi-Fi | Bar | Restaurant
- Hotels in Khao San
These hotels are suitable for backpackers and there is a wide range of hotels in this location that can accommodate you at cheap prices.
Tariff: Rs. 1,000* per night
What to Do?
- Relax your body: Relaxing your senses the Thai way isn’t as costly as it sounds. Spa and massage options are easily available in Bangkok starting at Rs. 400* which is expensive as you thought it to be.
- Experience Muay Thai: Thais love their traditional boxing so, don’t mind spending more than 1000 baht* to catch a glimpse of the game at Lumping Stadium. If you too want to experience the thriving spectacles on a budget, head to the MBK Shopping Centre on a Wednesday evening to watch the fight for free.
- Participate in an Aerobics Class: With hundreds of attractions on offer, exploring Bangkok can take its toll on your body, especially during rush hours. To soothe those throbbing muscles, head over to the Saranrom Park in the evening and participate in a public aerobics class, without paying any fee and relax your body
Where can you eat?
Café Bangrak: Amazing live music and regular art exhibitions make this small café capture a large crowd each day. It is known mostly for its fresh Thai delicacies; Café Bangrak is also popular for great smoothies. So, must visit it if you are a food lover.
Cost: Meal for 2 costs Rs.1, 000* approximately
Opening Hours: 11 am to 11 pm daily
Address: Sala Daeng Silom Road, Silom, Bangkok | Phone: +66-26320256
Mrs. Balbir’s: Still missing Indian food? Mrs Balbir’s spicy Indian curries’, including great vegetarian delicacies, such as Navratan Korma and Stuffed Tomato Curry, is a place worth visiting. Mrs. Balbir’s is a great place if you are looking for good Indian food during your Bangkok trip.
Cost: Meal for 2 costs Rs. 1,200* approximately
Opening Hours: Tue to Sun 11:30 am to 11:30 pm, Closed on Mondays
Address: 155/1-2 Sukhumvit Soi 11/1, Bangkok 10110, Thailand | Phone: +66-26510497
Opt for street food: Check out street food options, instead of finding restaurants, to save a few Bahts.
So what are you waiting for? Plan your dream trip, pack your bags and book your budget trip to the place also known as the ‘Venice of the East’ right away!