Since last year you tried to sketch your diet differently, and now you are a hardcore vegetarian. No added meats, fish, or eggs are welcomed on your platter. To stay the pink of your health, you try different vegetarian dishes, but at times you think that are you getting the required amount of protein. It is because the body is like a machine and to make it function to the fullest you need to charge it with the right fuel. To keep the body balanced, you thought to redesign your diet with some high protein vegan meals where you added protein-enriched vegetables. Therefore, let’s see what the benefits of such meals, foods to add to the list, and many more facts are.
Benefits of having high protein vegan meals
In this section, we will talk about some of the notable benefits of high protein vegan meals. Please go through them to learn more about goodness.
Improves heart health
The best thing about the plant-based diet is that it works to enhance the level of plant-based healthy sterols in the body. On the other hand, reduces the level of saturated fats and cholesterol. Therefore, that tends to improve the health of the heart.
Enhance digestive level
The addition of legumes, grains improves the digestive level, and once your body starts to absorb those, you will see that the metabolic factor of your body shoots up. As a result, you will feel more enthusiastic at work. Even plant-based diets don’t let you suffer from bloating or gas, unlike animal-based meals.
Full of antioxidants
It is better to switch from animal-based foods to plant-based ones because from plant-based diets you can get more antioxidants. Besides that, you can also get minerals, vitamins, and phytochemicals necessary for the overall wellbeing of your health.
Wholesome protein source
It is a belief of many that one can get the ultimate source of proteins from animal-based foods only. Honestly, that is not true at all because certain plant-based items such as soya, tempeh, all these are pure plant-based and are known to be a rich source of proteins. Therefore, consuming that daily will ensure that your body gets the full protein.
So again, these are some of the benefits of adding high protein vegan meals.
Foods to include in the high protein vegan meal category
Here in this para, we will discuss the protein-enriched foods which are rich in minerals, dietary fiber and have other advantages as well.
- Legumes: A full cup of lentils offers 18 gm of protein. Talking about the lentils it has different forms like urad, mung, arhar
- Endame: Easily digestible and enriched with protein so per serving offers 17 gm’s of protein
- Beans: From chickpeas, kidney beans, and black beans, you can get 15 gm of protein per cup
- Spinach: Though spinach is a low-calorie food still you can get 5 gm’s of protein from each cup
- Tofu: Talking about high protein vegan meal, you have to mention the name Tofu, and it is rich in calcium as well as protein. And from each serving, you can expect 20 gm of protein
- Tempeh: This delicious one is prepared from soybean by the process of fermentation. And each of its servings offers 20 gm of protein
- Quinoa: It has amino acids, and you can get 4 gm protein from half cup cooked quinoa
- Seitan: This is prepared from wheat gluten, and half a cup of the prepared seitan gives 45 gm’s of protein
- Nut butter: It is full of a healthy form of fats, and you can get at least 7 gm’s of protein from two tablespoons
- Paneer or cottage cheese: High in calcium content and once you have paneer it keeps you full for long. So once you take, you can get 9 gm from half of the paneer
- Green peas: This is highly nutritious, and those who have already prepared their mind to leave the animal-based diet can add the green peas. It is because from a single serving you can get seven gms
Meal preparation ideas
Scrambled tofu with sprouts and spinach
- Lemon juice
First of all, you need to saute items such as mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes. Add the spinach once the previous items get tendered. To enhance the taste, add salt soya sauce and for garnishing add some drops of lemon juice. Finally, you can sprinkle from fresh sprouts if you need it. Remember from this full plate of serving you can get a protein of 36 grams.
- Soy milk
- Almond milk
Pancakes are delicious, and people of all ages prefer this a lot. First of all, you need to take wheat flour and add soy milk along with almond milk. You can also add some grated tofu and smashed apples to the batter. Once done, just prepare the pancake. And garnish the same with honey and banana slices. The best thing is that here you can reap the benefit of having both vitamin C and fiber from apples.
White bean with quinoa
- White beans
- Lemon juice
To prepare this sumptuous breakfast, you need to add some olive oil in the pan then saute onion, garlic, and add the white beans. Simply stir it with a spatula. Once tender you can add parsley leaves and lemon juice. In addition to that, you can add quinoa. Note that from this single serving, you can get 33 grams of proteins.
Fried tofu and chickpeas
- Feta cheese
- Pesto sauce
- Organic herbs
A flavored dish always makes your mouth watery, and so does happen when you serve this high protein vegan meal recipe. To prepare it you need to add refined or olive oil to the pan and saute tofus then add the chickpeas, stir it together. Once done, add some cheese from the top. From this full plate serving, you can get about 37 grams of proteins.
The above mentioned are some of the important high protein vegan meals. Hopefully, you love to switch from animal-based meals to vegan because it is full of benefits