To eliminate the pockets that form under the eyes, there are aesthetic procedures such as fractional laser or pulsed light, but in the most severe cases it is possible to remove them completely with plastic surgery. There are also popular eye bag removal treatments to soften the bags, with creams, moisturizers, firming or makeup.
Usually, the pockets are formed by an accumulation of fat in the lower eyelids. Because the eye is inserted into a bone cavity, it is covered with fat for protection, and in some people, this fat is also located in front of the eyes, forming the uncomfortable pockets that are visible.
Generally, the bag under the eyes is caused by genetic causes, however, they may become more apparent in some cases, especially after a sleepless night, due to fluid retention or due to sagging and aging skin. Check out other causes of puffiness in the eyes.
Popular eye bag treatment options
Here are the main treatments offered for eye bag removal in Singapore offered by aesthetic clinics and centres like Cambridge Therapeutics.
1. Intense Pulsed light
Intense pulsed light is a photo rejuvenation treatment that uses pulses of light directed to areas of the skin to correct imperfections. The light used is converted to heat on the skin, which softens marks, blemishes and imperfections, helping to disguise the affected area.
In addition, this treatment helps improve the circulation of the region’s blood vessels, decreasing swelling, and tightening the skin below the eyes. Check out other benefits of pulsed light.
2. Chemical Peel
Chemical peeling is done by applying acids that remove the outer layers of the skin, which helps to reduce sagging skin around the eyes, as well as reducing dark spots of dark circles. Thus, this procedure can soften the appearance of the bags and may be useful in milder cases.
See the precautions you should take after this procedure.
Treatment with application of carbon dioxide under the skin causes the vessels to dilate, which improves blood flow in the region and stimulates greater collagen production.
Thus, sagging skin and expression marks are diminished, which makes this procedure useful for treating many cases of bags under the eyes. Learn more benefits of carboxytherapy and how it is done .
4. Laser Therapy
Laser treatment helps eliminate molecules that cause skin darkening, as well as helping to eliminate sagging and imperfections in the region. Check out the main indications of laser treatment on the face .
5. Filling with hyaluronic acid
Filling with hyaluronic acid is an excellent treatment for wiping the bags under the eyes, especially in cases where the bags are accentuated by furrows or sagging skin. See how hyaluronic acid can fight wrinkles .
6. Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery with removal of excess fat under the eyelids is the best treatment to remove the bags under the eyes, especially in the most severe cases that do not resolve with other treatments.
In some cases, it can be associated with blepharoplasty, which is a plastic surgery that removes excess skin from the eyelids to remove wrinkles that lead to a tired and aged appearance. See how blepharoplasty is done and the results.
7. Use of cosmetics
Cosmetics based on creams, ointments or gels may be helpful in aiding the treatment of bags under the eyes as they may contain moisturizing properties that increase the elasticity and smoothness of the skin, draining effects that eliminate the accumulation of fluid on the spot, as well as helping to provide firmer skin.
Products should be indicated by the dermatologist according to each person’s skin characteristics, and some options include products based on polypeptides, hyaluronic acid or extracts such as green tea extract or oils such as cottonseed and andiroba, for example.
These tips can help you reduce or remove bags under eyes (Home Remedies):
- Utilize a cool compress. While sitting up, use the moist washcloth into your skin beneath and around your eyes for a couple of minutes using gentle strain.
- Cut down fluids and decrease salt in your diet plan. This will decrease the fluid retention which can lead to bags under eyes.
- Do not smoke. Smoking may aggravate the issue of bags below your eyes.
- Get sufficient sleep. For the majority of adults, seven to eight hours is a fantastic quantity of sleep. It might help to bring an excess pillow or prop up the head of your mattress. Or elevate the whole mind of the bed several inches. Dark circles brought on by fluid retention on your eyelids generally go away once you wake up.
- Reduce allergies. Prevent allergens when potential. Try over-the-counter allergy drugs. Speak with your doctor about prevention approaches should you create under-eye reactions because of hair dyes, soaps, makeup or other allergens.
- Use makeup. If you want to conceal your under-eye circles, then consider using cosmetics.
I hope this has been an informative read for you. Keep in mind that the best thing you can do is try to prevent eye bags from appearing in the first place, so make sure you take into account the information here as well as general lifestyle changes you may have to implement for a healthier, more beautiful life.