There are a number of rituals that take place at a Sikh wedding. Here, by this article you will get to know about the rituals that make the wedding of Sikh religion beautiful. Let’s have a look at them:
- Rokka: This is the first ritual that takes place at the Christian wedding. This is the ritual in which all the people of the family gather and decide about the fixation of wedding rituals. In simple words, this is a ritual in which matchmaking is done. Punjabi marriage bureau is a famous marriage bureau in Delhi, that will help in finding the best bride and grooms.
- Shagun: In this ritual, the mothers-in-law of the bride and groom to shower them with so many gifts, clothes, accessories, etc. that are to be worn in the functions. This is again the most important ritual in the wedding of Sikh religion.
- Engagement: This ceremony is also known as the exchanging of rings ceremony. In this ritual, both the bride and groom exchange their rings and tie in a relation. Therefore, this ritual tells people that soon they are going to become husband and wife. People enjoy a lot by dancing and singing.
- Mehndi/Sangeet: In this ritual, Mehndi is to be applied to the hands of the bride and groom. This is the most important thing in wedding ceremonies. After the mehndi is applied on the hands of the bride and groom, other people invited also apply Mehndi on their hands.
On the other side, people dance to celebrate their happiness. Therefore, in Sikh wedding Jaggo ritual also takes place. In this ritual, all the family members gather and collect oil in a pot. Therefore, the people dance, sing and even say Boliyan. This ritual is full of fun and enjoyment.
- Vatna: In this ritual, both the bride and groom are applied with the paste of turmeric on their bodies. Therefore, this ritual is known by other names also. This is the last pre-wedding ritual that takes place before the wedding ceremony.
After these above-mentioned rituals wedding ceremony takes place. In the wedding ceremony, the bride and groom take three Lavan round the Shri Guru Granth Sahib. After that the post wedding rituals take place. Marriage Bureau in Delhi NCRis also the best bureau of Delhi.
- Viddai: In this ritual, all the family members, friends, and relatives of the bride give her a tearful goodbye. The bride is sending in a well-decorated car to her husband’s house. This is again a ritual that takes place in the wedding of all the cultures and religions.
- Welcoming of the bride: The bride is welcomed to her new house by her mother-in-law. The mother-in-law of the bride do Puja and then put oil on the corner of the house. After, all this she enters the house.
- Reception: This is a ritual in which a party is given to all the members that were invited to the wedding. Therefore, this ritual is done at the groom’s place.
These are the rituals that make the Sikh wedding beautiful.