For every homeowner, a water leak is one of the biggest problems in the house. When a pipe leaks, the water sprays out in a considerable force because the pipe is usually under a pressure. The pressure also makes it obvious if you have a water leak, even though the pipe is inside the wall or above the ceilings of your house.
A water leak in your house; either it is from your plumbing fixtures or from your pipes, has a potential to cost you a lot of money and waste a lot of water. Unfortunately, there are some leaks that might be undetected for years because you couldn’t identify the source of the leaks.
How to detect a water leak?
- Make sure no water in your house is being used;
- Check a water leak by using a water meter, if it moves, there is a possibility that the water leaks;
- You can also take a meter reading and take it again after 1 until 2 hours (make sure no water is being used while you doing it).
Is the water leak inside or outside?
- Find the location of your water shut-off valve and turn off the water there;
- Again, check the meter reading. If it moves, then there might potentially be a water leak;
- You can call a professional plumber, if it’s difficult for you to locate the leak.
Having a clean water coming out from your from your pipes and getting all the wastes sewage taken away are one of the best advances. Besides all the good benefits from the pipes, they also have their own problems which are the water leaks. Even the leaks seem like a small problem, it can lead to a big one over the time.
Every time you have to deal with a water leak, you should take time to find out where the water coming from, and turn off every water supplies in your house. After doing those things, you can call a plumber expert to fix your broken plumbing system.