The gaming industry has always caught everyone’s interest, especially the developers and players, in the last few Decade to develop the best online game in the world. Decades later, today, what we see is a magnanimously evolved industry with a large market outside. But, with so much pride comes a lot of confusion as to what is the most popular game in the world.
Especially after the advent of the progress of technologies like Artificial intelligence, sensor-gaming, 5G next generation, and virtual realities amongst many, the demand and popularity of online gaming seem to have elevated into a frenzy resulting in the total value of the industry as over 33 billion US Dollars. Before we delve further into the nitty-gritty of gaming, let’s take a look at what is the most popular game in the world and gaming in the future.
The most popular game in the world as far as the online domain is concerned goes undoubtedly to ‘Fortnite Battle Royale,’ a premier gaming experience with 5 million concurrent players with a focus of survival against the other 100 players. This game, ‘Fortnite Battle Royale’, is a free deliberate and calculated action game developed and published by Epic Games. It is readily available on PS4, Mac, Windows, and Xbox One.
The most popular game in the world 2019
The year 2019 was recognized for significant changes in the booming online gaming industry, like changes in the formats allowing the introduction of real-world games into the smartphone screens.
- Now the question of what is the most popular game in the world 2019 lies in the demand for the game and the scope of application it can offer in the future.
- The last year saw an increasing involvement of functional disposable income groups that allowed the users to play on virtual forums but involving real money, opening the windows for the people across the globe to compete under one platform and on one device. Now isn’t that amazing? And if you are paying attention, then these developments attracted a whole eco-system of new developers and start-ups to launch themselves during this period.
About the game:
Now, if you are wondering what is the most popular game in the world 2019, then that’s undoubtedly more of a tie between ‘Fortnite Battle Royale’ by Epic games and ‘Player Unknows Battleground or fondly called PUBG’ by PUBG corporations. Both are known for their exceptional popularity within its fan club due to its graphics, user interface, and flexible platform adoption.
Since we now know a little about the online gaming world and its multitude of progress in the global platforms, the next part of the article will focus on various gaming positions across multiple platforms. So, the question of what is the Most Popular Game in the world can be answered more reasonably in the end.
Most popular games 2019- An insight into the 2019 gaming zone-
The wave of online video games swept the millennials very swiftly. The availability of smartphones at the disposal of the average earning group individuals contributes to the rise of the gaming world. Taking into consideration the boom in the gaming industry, here’s a list of the best collection of most popular games 2019 that will allow you to explore this genre of games and experience it first-hand.
If you are a first tie user who wants to know more about this division of gaming, this list of most popular games 2019 will give you a perspective to decide as to what is the most popular game in the world.
FORTNITE BATTLE ROYALE
This is a free play of deliberate and tactical action developed and launched by Epic Games.
- The game, which is available and compatible on a variety of mediums like, PS4, Mac, Nintendo Switch, Windows, and Xbox One
- It is so popular that it has a database of almost 5 million concurrent players.
- The plot involves the survival of the smartest and the strongest by pitting 100 players against each other.
- The facility of play solo or grouping into duos or four players forming squads with another set of eyes for watching their back
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG)
- PUGB was launched and developed by PUGB Corporation and revolved around the plot of a battle and is considered the most successful and one of the most popular online games 2019
- The game is based on modifying custom level, objects, etc., through the support of a few Arma mods and H1Z1.
- The plot involves a multitude of 99 real-time players along with one individual player in a battle on a remote island, that has been abandoned by its inhabitants.
- This game focusses on the last man standing concept where the players are pitted against each other to the level where only one player survives.
- PUBG is currently one of the most commonly downloaded games in the world and is available across channels like Xbox One, PC, iOS, and Android.
LEAGUE OF LEGENDS (LOL)
- This game, ‘League of Legends’ or LOL, is an old but forever favorite game published by Riot Games.
- But the surprise factor of this game is not the plot. It is the still prevalent demand of the game that makes it exciting yet inspiring because it was developed a decade earlier. This game still boasts of 7 million concurrent players and a few hundred million existing ones. Now, that is what we called ‘National game Sweetheart.’
- This game became a household name owing to its stunning mode scene and graphics that held all the excitement while allowing the user to control and manage their own “Champion” against others’ champions.
- Splatoon 2, launched by Nintendo, is the sequel to the Platoon and is exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch.
- The plot of this multi-player game involves a colorful game where players in a team are required to smear ink on everything visible in an attempt to make the whole map area bright.
- This game became popular because of its plot and new use of colors, bringing something rare in the shooter-battle genre.
- Hearthstone was offered by Blizzard Entertainment and is an online card free to play the game.
- The card game demands collectibles in the forms of cards depicting characters, spells, and abilities, which together would be bind to form decks of 30, and are pitted to fight against each other afterward.
While the list of brilliant online games is long, the games mentioned above are some of the most popular online games 2019 that offers a terrific online gaming experience and an insight as to, What is the Most Popular Game in the world?
Most popular games 2018 – A sneak peek
Now that the list is here, how about we have a sneak peek into the most popular games 2018? It will help us draw a parallel on the extent of acceptance of online gaming into our lives and to understand reasons as to, What is the Most Popular Game in the world?
Gaming, both as a necessity and luxury, has come a long way in recent years, with people getting more and more fixated with the online gaming technology like VR games, RPGs, online casinos, etc. that the sudden demand and popularity was unprecedented. Today, unlike yesteryears, online gaming is one of the most dominating gaming trends that have taken the world, especially the millennials by storm. As promised, the list for some of the most popular games 2018 is as follows-
- Fortnite (Epic Games)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo)
- Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
- Splatoon 2 (Nintendo)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
- FIFA 19 (Electronic Arts)
- Minecraft (Microsoft)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu (Nintendo)
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee (Nintendo)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo)
Even though there is a multitude of other such mindful games that came out in 2018, Fortnite struck a chord with the audience. It was mainly because of the plot, graphics, levels of control, and user experience making it the most played game in the world 2018. These were the most in-demand both by popularity and by the number of concurrent and active players.
Most popular video games 2019
Video games in recent years have changed the perception of many towards video games, like video games, today come with excellent graphics and more choices to the player. 2019 was the splendid year of some of the most popular video games 2019, including ‘Kingdom Hearts 3’, and ‘Resident Evil 2 Remake’ and many more thrilling and amazing video games. Not that the whole lot of it was interesting, but the majority of the games made an impression with something new to offer for the players.
Resident Evil 2 Remake
This is one of the best games released at the beginning of the year 2019, it involved Frightening, challenging, and ridiculous puzzles along with encounters with zombies. It was a classic re-developed to fit with any modern console.
This video game was published by Respawn and involves a battle between a first-person royal hero who is the primary shooter. The best part about this game is the combining of elements from Fortnite to Overwatch, resulting in a genuine pleasure while playing this game.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
It is one of the ‘one of a kind’ of video games that were developed with super-tough levels for players but without the option of multi-player. This game has got a brilliant level design with a variety of prosthetic tools, to mix up combat and level traversal for some genuinely competitive gaming.
A Plague Tale
This game is more of an intriguing story that the player has to follow, and the plot revolves around two French children who run away from the investigation after it killed their parents. The graphics show the setting of the story during the fanatic rat plague.
Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night
It is a video game that involves a lot of tough fights and attacks with a modern take on the classic, ‘Castlevania.’ It’s aesthetics, top-notch improvised game stakes, and the score is what made it so popular with the players.
Thus, the above below is a list of most popular video games 2019 that managed to create a lasting impression for players and users, creating a bevy of fan following in its wake.
Most played pc games right now
The modern gaming industry is a behemoth that achieved a turnover of $135 billion last year. Most played pc games right now were never developed to be played mainstream but a niche market for serious gamers. But this scenario is changing with new start-ups and developers conquering the market with new technologies to offer, resulting in an outrageous boost for the gaming industry. Some of the most played pc games right now are-
- Rocket League.
- Red Dead Redemption II.
- Super Smash Bros: Ultimate.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Seige.
- Grand Theft Auto V.
Most played mobile game in the world
Today, mobile games account for 33% of all app downloads with games like clash of cans, PubG, making it to the list of most popular online games 2019. The scenario of mobile games has changed mainly because accessibility has never been better with the elimination of barriers of entry almost non-existent.
The adaption to smartphones and unlimited access to google play or iPhone play store has led to an alarming rise in mobile games. They are wildly popular, easy to download & engaging to play but, at the same time, hard to conclude about most played mobile game in the world.
Out of a never exhaustive list of mobile games, Clash of Clans and PubG has topped the list of the most played mobile games in the world.
Therefore, in conclusion to the entire information given in this article, the answer to the question of what is the most popular game in the world 2019 is solved. However, there is no one definitive answer considering the size of the industry that we are talking about and the diversity of options it offers to its players opening a vast field of discussion regarding the various favorite choices. Every genre of this field has ‘the most favorite,’ and it varies significantly with changes in interfaces.