When you need a company to handle restoration and cleaning projects for your commercial or residential building, the first thing you could do is check the internet. Well, that is because we are in a digital age and information can be gotten at the tip of our fingers.
So, if your property is in Pensacola, SERVPRO of West Pensacola may pop up during your search. Hence, this article aims at giving you detailed information on what you need to know about the company.
SERVPRO’s Residential Services
Whether you need to clean your upholstery, or your apartment is flooded, the company has technicians that can clean your home and restore it to its original appearance. Here are some residential services that SERVPRO offers:
1. Water Damage Restoration and Repair
Pensacola is encompassed by the Gulf of Mexican waters and endless beaches. However, as we enjoy the beauty of the water, we need to remember that it could be a destructive force. Therefore, the restoration of water damage is at the heart of this company.
The technicians use quality equipment to extract water and dry it efficiently. They are certified by IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification). This certification shows that they have received training in water damage restoration and applied structural drying. So, you can expect top-notch services.
You may want to check out https://www.thesilverlining.com/westbendcares/blog/what-are-the-common-causes-of-water-damage to read about the causes of water damage.
Furthermore, the humid climate in Pensacola encourages the growth of mold. And this could be a threat within hours or days after water damage. As a result, the company screens and monitors for infestation when carrying out remediation projects.
If you also need mold remediation, they hold a license for that. Hence, if you need help after a storm or any other catastrophe, their technicians can provide 24/7 emergency services.
2. Fire Damage Restoration and Repair
Recovery from fire damage requires several steps. So, it will be better to leave it to the professionals. They have the right set of tools and methods to handle things, especially the lingering odor of smoke.
SERVPRO has some deodorization strategies which include using a hydroxyl generator to neutralize the odor. This technology is safe in comparison with ozone treatment. Also, they can do it while you are still in the building. You do not have to move out temporarily for the procedure to be completed.
You may want to watch this video to find out more about ozone vs hydroxyl.
3. Mold Restoration and Remediation
Mold spores can appear anywhere, indoors, and outdoors. This makes it quite impossible to completely eliminate them from your home. Thus, beware of businesses that claim they can totally remove mold. Here are some facts about mold:
- It is ubiquitous.
- Its spores are microscopic and can float in the air. They may even get into our homes through the doors, windows, heating/AC systems, pets, and our clothes.
- They thrive in humid areas and form colonies, which could produce irritants and allergens.
- Before any mold remediation takes place, moisture or water damage has to be taken care of; otherwise, the spores will return.
- Mold produces a musty odor.
- Even indoor humidity that is higher than the normal level can support the growth of mold. Thus, it is advisable to maintain indoor humidity that is below 45%.
When you contact the company, a typical process for mold remediation involves the following:
- The company will inspect and assess the mold damage.
- They will try to contain the mold.
- They will carry out air filtration.
- They will remove the infested materials as well as the mold.
- They will clean your belongings.
- The restoration activities will begin.
4. HVAC and Air Ducts Cleaning
Cleaning the air ducts is one of the standard procedures for smoke and fire remediation tasks. However, it is important to maintain healthy air in your apartment. The process involves cleaning the vents and walls of the duct system.
Sometimes the technicians use cameras to inspect the air ducts before the cleaning and when the task is complete. This helps them to identify potential issues within the duct system like the accumulation of condensation, obstructions, and leaks.
Cleaning the ducts isn’t always necessary. But the company still provides recommendations on effective ways of addressing your concerns on the quality of your indoor air. This can help you save money as well as assure you of healthy indoor air.
The advantages of servicing the HVAC unit are:
- It helps to reduce the possibilities of mold growing in your home.
- It helps to remove offensive odors.
- It restores your energy efficiency to its peak.
5. Biohazard Restoration and Cleanup
We need to clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in areas where we play, work, and live. These include tables, light switches, doorknobs, bed rails, sinks, faucets, toilets, keyboards, phones, desks, and handles.
This Pensacola cleaning company has a standard protocol for disinfecting and removing biohazards like bodily fluid, animal waste, sewage, and different biological materials that carry pathogenic microorganisms.
The technicians use an electrostatic spray disinfection system that dispenses the disinfectant as mist. The particles will then envelop the contaminated surfaces. This method is faster, cheaper, and allows you to safely re-enter the building a few minutes after its application.
We have discussed some residential services that SERVPRO offers. So, when next you need a company that will respond speedily when there is an emergency, has well-trained technicians, uses advanced equipment and techniques, and is locally owned, you know who to turn to.