Digital marketing is a huge discipline that encompasses many types and variants of internet marketing. Therefore, experts have tried to study how online marketing is divided and what’s more important- inbound or outbound:
- Inbound marketing: It consists of creating valuable experiences that generate a positive impact on both people and your company. This discipline of electronic marketing is also known as permission-based marketing.
- Outbound marketing: It is essentially advertising. It is also called interruption-based marketing because consumers rarely search for your product, but instead find it through your promotions. Some examples are: advertising to earn money on Instagram or other platforms, emails, online sponsorships, etc. Let’s take the music industry as an example. If the musician wants to get popular on Spotify, then they have to be ready for a few streams of investments. Start with Spotify strategy and follow these rules – buy Spotify playlist followers, get more organic attention and advertisement campaigns on the platform.
How to do online marketing: Inbound vs. Outbound
When planning your marketing strategies, we recommend that you use both inbound marketing and outbound marketing. Both are essential parts of electronic marketing. You shouldn’t trust 100% of your resources on advertising, but it is a relatively simple way to increase traffic to your website and get more sales. Once Outbound Marketing pays off and visitors start coming to your online store, it’s time to maximize your inbound digital marketing techniques. How? Interacting with them, offering them the best customer service.
Other online inbound marketing examples include:
- Update your website and content to appear on search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Create and share valuable content, such as blog posts and e-books.
- Send newsletters to keep your customers informed of all the news of your online store.
- Build a community on a social media platform.
Virtual paid advertising or marketing: Google and Facebook ads
Advertising is a very powerful type of online marketing. According to Google, businesses typically earn an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on AdWords. If you decide to invest in this digital marketing technique, you should know that you can advertise on YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, tiktok – there are many options available. However, we are going to focus now on the most popular: Google and Facebook ads.
Google Adwords is based on an automated auction system. This means that advertisers must bet on the keyword terms that they want to “trigger” or show their ads. advertisers cannot simply pay more to have their ads appear more frequently than their competitors’ ads. Why? Because this system also determines the relevance and validity of the ads that appear in its SERPs. Facebook puts the interests of visitors above those of advertisers. This is a smart strategy that ensures your platform is the ideal place for visitors. Which in turn, makes it the ideal place for advertisers.
Email marketing is a type of virtual marketing to advertise products or services through emails. This online marketing technique has an average ROI of 122% . This figure is four times higher than in other virtual marketing channels such as social networks or advertising. And, by the way, before working on the content of your online email marketing campaigns it is important that you are clear about how to get subscribers to your newsletters . Otherwise, you will not be taking advantage of the full potential of this e-marketing technique.