Product roadmaps are a great way to communicate with stakeholders and development team members about how an organization will release a product or service.
A roadmap provides an overview of the future of the product. That is about features you will release, when, and what needs to get done.
Having a roadmap is beneficial for a variety of reasons. For one thing, it can help you build consensus among your team members about what should happen next with your product.
It also helps in remaining focused and not getting distracted by other new ideas that come up along the way. Finally, it can help you measure progress toward your goals to know if you are on schedule.
Creating a product roadmap is one of the essential steps in bringing a new product to market. It’s a critical document that will guide your product development and help ensure you’re on track to hit your milestones and goals.
There are numerous attributes to take into account when creating a product roadmap. But one of the most important is choosing the right product roadmap planning software.
There is a lot of different product roadmap planning software out there. Therefore, how do you know which one is the best for your needs?
Here’s a quick rundown of the best product roadmap planning software on the market today.
But before discussing the software, we will have to jot down the essential criteria you need to look into, right? Let us delve into it right away.
Criteria for Selecting Product Roadmap Planning Software
1. The Number of Roadmaps and Features Supported:
The first criterion is the number of roadmaps and features supported by the product roadmap planning software. The more features and roadmaps, the higher the potential for customization.
The product roadmap planning software should come with various templates and examples you can use as a starting point for creating your roadmap.
2. Supported Number of Users:
The second criterion is the number of users who can simultaneously use the product roadmap planning software. The more users can use it. The more accurate the planning will be.
3. Features for Access and Cooperation:
The third criterion for choosing the right product roadmap planning software is how well-designed the features are for access and cooperation between users.
It includes user accounts, permissions, and privacy settings. The more complex these are, the less likely they are to work well with others with access to the same software application.
4. Usage Simplicity:
The fourth criterion is how easy it is for people to use the product roadmap planning software regularly. The users must use the software without getting frustrated or confused by its functionality or interface design choices (such as if there are too many options).
The software should be affordable and offer a good value for its features. There is a lot of excellent product roadmap planning software out there. However, not all of them have reasonable pricing.
By factoring in these variables, you can reduce the number of possibilities and select the best product planning software for your requirements.
7 Best Product Roadmap Planning Softwares
If you need an all-inclusive platform to support you with all aspects of product management, Chisel is your best bet. This tool offers product roadmaps, team alignment, and customer-oriented product crafting.
With Chisel, you can be sure that your products will be well-managed and successful. It can help you at every step, ensuring your product is successful.
If you’re trying to streamline the task of forming your product roadmap, you’ll want to check out Chisel’s Roadmaps pillar.
This pillar is divided into four tools to help with different aspects of the planning process, making it simpler and more efficient. With these tools, you’ll be able to plan your product’s future easily.
The “Treeview” tool by Chisel has to be our go-to if you’re searching for a reliable and adaptable tool for planning your product roadmap.
With this tool, you can add all the features and components that make up your product, rate them along a specific axis, and assign them to particular releases. This capability makes it easy to see at a glance what’s coming down the pipeline and when ensuring that your product roadmap is always on track.
Tracking releases of each feature hasn’t been easier, thanks to Chisel’s “Release View” tool.
If you’re in product management, you know that one of the most important things you can do is stay up-to-date on the latest features and releases. But with so many products on the market, it can be tough to keep track of everything.
That’s where Chisel’s “Release View” tool comes in. With this tool, you can see the features included in each release cycle in a card-like format. This option makes it easy to switch between releases and see what’s new.
Are you concerned about monitoring work progress? Not anymore. “Kanban View” by Chisel enables you to track the progress of your task effortlessly.
A kanban board, commonly referred to as a “Kanban View” by Chisel, is a terrific way to keep track of the features you are working on, those in progress, and planning to add.
This way, you can plan your product roadmap accordingly and make sure that your product is always on the cutting edge.
The “Timeline View” tool by Chisel optimizes time management and streamlines productivity.
Suppose you’re in charge of product roadmap planning. In that case, you know how important it is to understand the time allotted for various tasks.
The “Timeline View” in product roadmap planning software provides a calendar-like view of what features you’ve worked on during specific periods.
This tool can give you a high-level understanding of how time is used and help you make better decisions about allocating resources.
Free version is available.
Premium Plan: $49per month if billed annually.
Enterprise Plan: $99 per month if billed annually.
Monday.com is a cloud-based Work OS that enables teams to design workflow apps for their procedures, projects, and daily work.
With Monday.com, teams can design their workflows and projects without writing code.
The platform is responsive to changing needs, freeing teams from tedious manual labor, and uniting teams in a cooperative workspace.
- Monday.com is easy to use. You can pick from one of their available templates or design your workflow.
- This product roadmap planning software helps over 70,000 teams remain informed, prioritize what matters, and identify who is responsible for what.
A roadmap template by Monday.com
- It has a built-in roadmap feature that makes it easy for product managers to build roadmaps.
- It helps you visualize workflows, backlogs, product status, and projected trajectory, which makes roadmap planning and visibility a breeze.
Create customizable workflows seamlessly.
- You can also use Monday.com for user testing, task management, form automation, and many more use cases.
- You can enjoy high-level dashboards and various view choices, including Gantt and Kanban boards.
- Monday.com can help you auto-assign tasks, sync changes from your code repository, and more.
Individual: Free of cost
Basic: $8 per member per month, billed annually
Standard:$10 per member per month billed annually
Pro: $16 per member per month, billed annually
Enterprise: Contact Sales
With KeepSolid Goals, project managers and team members can work together to plan and carry out activities more efficiently. The agile project management tool allows managers to create budgets, track milestones, and visualize objectives and key results (OKRs) using the platform.
This product roadmap planning software makes it easier for everyone involved to stay on track and ensure that you complete the project successfully.
- With Roadmap Planner, Goals by KeepSolid allows you to put up key results, keep track of ongoing tasks, and plan your team’s workload.
- Roadmap Planner is an effective product roadmap planning software that enables you to create strategies, visualize objectives, and explain plans to stakeholders.
Objective roadmap feature by Goals.
- With Roadmap Planner, you can easily create stunning HTML reports to share your roadmap with anyone inside or outside your company.
- Different users can use this product roadmap planning software. It allows you to divide your strategy into distinct initiatives and feature sets.
- Assigning owners, setting deadlines, and specifying dependencies are accessible with the Roadmap Planner.
- The Roadmap Planner encourages real-time cooperation on initiatives for the goals.
- This software has various customization possibilities, including colors, icons, labels, and more.
- Roadmap Planner can help you stay on track and meet deadlines by providing detailed reports of your project’s progress.
$7.98 per user per month: Billed yearly for seven users.
Roadmunk is a web-based software that helps you create visually appealing product roadmaps, so you can effectively communicate your plans to the entire team. With Roadmunk, everyone can work together to ensure the product stays on track.
- Roadmunk is a tool that helps you visualize your strategy’s timeline and commit to dates.
Timeline Roadmap tool by Roadmunk
- You can use this product roadmap planning software with agile roadmaps for agile teams or with Swimlane for teams who prefer fuzzier deadlines.
- Roadmunk offers many perspectives of your data, so you can quickly pivot and filter your information.
- Roadmunk makes it easy to discover connections across projects and link any item to any other item, even if it is on another person’s roadmap.
- Executive-level stakeholders that wish to examine cross-functional roadmaps can use reviewer seats, which allow them to comment on a roadmap without modifying it.
- Roadmunk helps you to export your roadmap to a presentation-ready format. You can also show your roadmap in full-screen mode, perfect for presentations.
A pre-existing template of the swimlane feature by Roadmunk.
- The roadmap planning software also provides a password-protected URL or interactive HTML version of your roadmap, perfect for sharing with stakeholders.
Starter Plan: $19 per user per month if billed annually.
Business Plan: $49 per user per month if billed annually.
Professional Plan: $99 per user per month if billed annually.
Enterprise Plan: Contact Roadmunk for pricing.
SharpCloud takes company data into visually compelling stories, making complex interdependencies easier to understand.
With SharpCloud, you can view high-level strategic goals and see practical actions that can help you achieve those goals. SharpCloud also offers a shared workspace that allows your staff to collaborate in real-time.
- SharpCloud enables you to create collaborative, visual roadmaps that improve strategic planning and decision-making.
- With SharpCloud, you can link high-level objectives to tasks, resources, and risks and develop technological strategies for all stakeholders to encourage buy-in and enhance implementation.
- The collaborative technology roadmaps that SharpCloud provides will give everyone access to information about your complex enterprise IT infrastructure. It also helps you access how the information gets upgraded through collaborative planning.
A quick glance at the technology roadmap by SharpCloud
- SharpCloud makes it easier to visualize the scope of your activity and understand the benefits of using it.
- With this roadmap planning software, you can create and maintain budgets, update project schedules, and identify ways to increase efficiency.
- You can resolve disputes and dependencies more quickly with SharpCloud’s mapping features.
- SharpCloud enables better informed and precise decision-making. The interface is adaptable and adjustable, making every element visible and considered.
- The technology roadmap connects new technology with your current architecture, allowing you to see how it affects you.
Free version is available.
Lite Plan: $25 per month, per user, billed annually.
Pro Plan: $99 per month, per user, billed annually.
Enterprise Plan: Customizable; contact the sales team for more information.
With LoopedIn, you can easily collect customer input and use it to improve your products and services. The built-in roadmapping feature lets you create detailed plans for future releases.
And when it’s time to share updates with your team or customers, the LoopedIn publishing platform makes it simple to communicate your message.
- Its drag-and-drop interface, customizable options, and ability to share or embed as an iFrame make it a powerful tool for creating stunning visuals.
- Staff members can use LoopedIn to create private or public roadmaps with goals, deadlines, and other important information.
Public roadmap by LoopedIn
- LoopedIn is a centralized platform that enables businesses to make independent product update pages and email consumer announcements. It makes it an extremely efficient tool for businesses of all sizes.
- It allows businesses to keep track of their progress and ensure that they are meeting their deadlines.
- You prioritize and filter ideas based on various factors, including tags, votes, and roadmap progress. This feature makes it an extremely efficient tool that businesses can use to get the most out of their ideas.
The software is perfect for agile teams with user dashboards, reporting, scrum boards, timers, and timesheets. Zoho Sprints help keep everyone on track, making it easy to track progress and see where you can make improvements.
- Zoho Sprints is an agile project management platform that helps teams focus on potentially shippable features.
- The release planning module makes it easy for release managers to designate release owners and allocate work items.
Kanban Board by Zoho Sprints
- The integration with Zoho Sprints and a cope repository solution keeps all repositories up to date. You can easily apply the criteria for a particular repository, branch, or timeframe.
- Release managers can examine the overview of a completed release and export the release notes. Teams can follow the development of active releases using the release burndown and burnup charts.
Release management by Zoho Sprints
- Zoho Sprints is an excellent tool for expanding your workflow and creating a more focused atmosphere for your team.
- The sprint dashboard provides several charts that let you track the progress of your sprint and see how your activities are progressing.
- This product roadmap planning software allows you to set WIP restrictions in Scrumban, which helps to ensure high-quality work.
Starter Plan: $70 per user per month if billed annually.
Elite Plan: $175 per user per month if billed annually.
Premier Plan: $350 per user per month if billed annually.
Like most people, you probably feel like there’s never enough time in the day to get everything done. And when it comes to your product roadmap, planning can easily fall by the wayside.
But the truth is taking the time to plan your product roadmap is essential to the success of your business. That’s where product roadmap planning software comes in.
Product roadmap planning software helps you create a clear and concise roadmap for your product. It also enables you to detail the essential steps you must take to accomplish your goals, track your progress, and make changes.
The best product roadmap planning software will allow you to collaborate with your team, track your progress, and make necessary changes. It will also help you communicate your roadmap to stakeholders and keep everyone on the same page.
Product roadmap planning is essential for any business that wants to bring a new product to market. The right software can help you create a roadmap that outlines your product’s development path and maintains alignment among team members.
We’ve evaluated the market’s seven best product roadmap planning software and compared them based on features, price, and user reviews.
Therefore, before you jump the gun about choosing the best roadmap planning software, give this article a read and decide.
We believe this article will help you narrow your choices and find the perfect software for your needs.