One of the great benefits of a custom bomber jacket is getting to choose from a wide range of premium materials. Different fabrics offer unique aesthetics, textures and properties.
Leather Bomber Jackets
Leather bomber jackets represent the pinnacle of style and luxury. Full-grain lambskin or calfskin are top choices.
- Softer and more supple than other leathers
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- Develops a beautiful patina over time
- More durable and abrasion-resistant
- Distinct grainy texture adds character
- A bit thicker than lambskin
Key Leather Bomber Styles
- Classic smooth leather bomber
- Distressed or washed leather for vintage appeal
- Bold colored leather in red, green, etc.
- Two-tone leather mixing panels and sleeves
Suede Bomber Jackets
For a more casual vibe, suede bomber jackets add great texture and movement.
Benefits of Suede
- Soft hand feel with a napped surface
- Absorbs dyes easily for vivid hues
- Lightweight and comfortable for layering
- Less expensive than smooth leather
Styling Suede Bombers
- Favor darker tones like brown, green and grey
- Shearling collar and cuffs add luxury
- Keep clean with suede protector sprays
- Pair with casual outfits like jeans and tees
Cotton Bomber Jackets
For a rugged, military-inspired look, cotton canvas bombers are a great choice.
Cotton Canvas Benefits
- Durable and can take abuse
- Breathable and lighter weight than leather
- Typically lower cost material
- Lends well to vintage washed effects
Styling Cotton Canvas Bombers
- Olive drab and other earth tones keep it utility-focused
- Checks, camo or graffiti prints tell a story
- Wear over graphic tees and cargos or fatigue pants
Nylon Bomber Jackets
Sleek, wind-resistant nylon bombers channel the old-school pilot heritage.
Benefits of Nylon Shells
- Water resistant and highly durable
- Windproof to keep cold air out
- Lighter weight than leather or cotton
- Sheen finish adds visual interest
Nylon Bomber Styles
- Shiny nylon shell contrasts white ribbed knits
- Color block with leather or suede sleeves
- Vibrant solid color nylon for attention-grabbing look
- Embrace tech-y vibe with athletic cuts
Wool Bomber Jackets
For warmth and sophistication, a merino wool bomber is ideal for cooler weather.
Merino Wool Characteristics
- Super fine fibers don’t scratch or itch
- Natural temperature regulation keeps you comfy
- Resists odors so you can wear multiple times between washes
- Soft hand feel but still durable
Styling Wool Bombers
- Choose a thicker wool for stand-alone wear in fall/winter
- Wool blends add durability and structure
- Pair with button-downs, polos and knits for polished look
- Avoid over-washing wool garments
With limitless customization possibilities, it’s easy to design the perfect bomber jacket for your personal style, climate and needs. Use premium materials to enjoy it for years to come.
Custom Bomber Jacket Details & Accents
It’s all in the details when designing a custom clothoo bomber jacket. Unique touches and specialty accents make your jacket stand out.
Swap out standard zippers for something more stylish.
- Exposed metal zippers – industrial feel, polished nickel/brass
- Leather zipper pulls – luxurious hand-crafted detail
- Two-way zippers – versatile wear open or closed
- Oversize chunky zippers – make a statement, easy to grasp
Transform the interior with colorful, printed lining.
- Camouflage – modern edge with utility pattern
- Paisley – ornate flair meets boho vibes
- Map print – tap into aviation roots
- Stripes – add subtle graphic interest
Ribbing & Trim
Play with cuff and waistband materials.
- Leather – sleek complement to a leather jacket
- Corduroy – vintage flair with texture
- Knit wool – sophisticated accent
- Elastic – casual sporty vibe
Collars & Lapels
Change up the neckline for new silhouettes.
- Shearling – super plush and warm when popped
- Contrast felt – complementing color for interest
- Shirt-style – crisp fold-over collar
- Mandarin – short stand-up collar
Quality hardware improves functionality.
- RIRI zippers – made in Switzerland, revered quality
- YKK zippers – trusted Japanese brand, used on designer clothes
- Dual snap buttons – adjustable fit at waistband and cuffs
- Hanging loops – durable loops to store on a hook
Don’t be afraid to add unique accents that speak to your personal style. Detailing makes all the difference in a custom bomber jacket.
How to Measure for Your Custom Bomber Jacket
To design the perfect custom bomber jacket, accurate measurements are crucial. Taking the time to measure properly ensures a jacket that fits like a glove.
Follow these steps for measuring yourself or someone else:
- Measure under the armpits around the fullest part of chest.
- Keep tape measure horizontal.
- For a tighter fit, drop down an inch.
- Measure the natural waist above the navel.
- Keep shoulders relaxed, not hunched over.
- Measure the fullest part of the hips about 7-9 inches below waist.
4. Shoulder Width
- Measure from shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the back.
5. Arm Length
- Bend elbow at 90 degrees and measure from shoulder to wrist bone.
- For bomber jackets, measure from highest point of shoulder to hip bone.
- Measure around the fullest part of the upper arm while flexed.
Record each measurement accurately. Have a tailor or friend take them for best results. Use a flexible cloth tape measure and stand in natural posture to capture your true size.
Precision measurements allow designers to draft pattern pieces for a bomber jacket that fits perfectly in all dimensions. Enjoy your custom garment for years to come!