Hindi is one of the most widely spoken languages in India, especially in the northern region. You should have a good knowledge of the subject and also have a command on the language while speaking and writing. The class 10 board exam for Hindi includes both grammar and literature sections for the exam.
Attaining good marks in class 10 board exams becomes necessary as on the basis of which you may choose which streams or subjects you would want to pursue in classes 11 and 12. Hindi is one of those subjects, which can be easy to learn and understand as for some of you it would be your first or second language. Unknowingly, you may indulge in practicing the language when you are speaking to your friends or family members.
How to score more marks in Hindi?
Here are some tips which will help you in getting more marks in your Hindi board exam:
- Board exams are one of the important exams of a student’s life, and it is important for you to perform your best. It is advisable for you to make a timetable when you begin your preparations for the board exams, which will help you to give a dedicated amount of time to each subject. Most students tend to allot less time to languages and more to mainstream subjects like Maths, Science, and Social Science. However, if you put your time and dedication into learning Hindi, then you can easily score high marks which will help you to bump up your overall percentage.
- Hindi is a subject that has a vast syllabus and can’t be covered in a day. You should have a scheduled amount of time for Hindi.
- The exam covers different aspects like Reading comprehension, writing ability, literature, and grammar. You should cover every part of the syllabus separately and thoroughly.
- The writing part of the exam has a significant amount of weightage. You should regularly practice writing letters and essays. Keep in mind the format for the writing tasks as most students tend to lose marks for the wrong format.
- The literature part is where the students put most of their time and focus. Learning and preparing for this part is the most time-consuming. You should make sure that you are covering each part of prose and poetry. Poems are short but have a deeper meaning on which the students are asked questions. You should make notes in the class when the teacher is explaining the poems. Doing this will help you in understanding the poems more effectively when you prepare for your board exam. The prose part of the theory is more theoretical, and you should pay attention to the small details in the chapter. Lastly, practice all the exercises and questions in the textbook this will help you understand the chapters better. You can assess your answers by referring to Vedantu NCERT solutions for class 10 hindi.
- The reading part of the exam tends to be easy and for which you don’t require any direct knowledge. You can prepare for the reading part while you are preparing for the literature part. You must go through difficult words and their meanings while reading the chapters and should underline important parts of the chapter. All these practices will help you with reading unseen passages for comprehension. This will help you in understanding the reading comprehension in less time and you would find answers much more efficiently.
- One of the most important parts of the exam is the grammar part. The grammar usually covers a range of topics like synonyms, opposite words, idioms, and proverbs. The only way to master this part is to practice as many times as you can. Try practicing regularly and memorising all the rules. All the periodical class tests will help in realising your mistakes which would make learning effective.
- Lastly, an area that is overlooked by the students where students usually get their marks cut is the spelling errors. Hindi, being a language, is essential for you to learn the correct spellings for all the words irrespective of where you are using them throughout the exam. Even a couple of spelling mistakes in the paper can cost you heavily.
All the tips above are essential for you to score higher marks in the Hindi Board exam. All the above tips will go hand in hand if you have a proper studying routine. Following are some of the tips which would help you in developing efficient learning habits, thus helping you in every subject of your board exam:
- Preparing a proper timetable and abiding by it diligently is the key for you to manage your studies efficiently. Avoid long and continuous periods of studying and incorporate a few breaks and intervals in-between the study sessions. Taking regular breaks will help you in keeping your mind fresh and facilitate the learning process.
- Choose areas where you are away from any kind of distraction, and you can focus fully on studying for your exam.
- While preparing, give appropriate time and importance to each part of the exam. Do not forget or leave out any part. One of the best ways of preparing is to keep mixing and studying for the different parts of the exam. Doing this will help in breaking the monotony and make the learning process more interesting.
- You should prepare for the pre-board exams as if they are the final exams. Giving the pre-board exams will give you a sense of understanding and will help in identifying your weak spots. Preparing for the pre-board exams will help in reducing the burden when you are preparing for the final exams as you will be left with just the revision of the subject matter.
- Go through the previous years’ exams and try solving them for practice. Doing this will help you get familiar with the type of questions you can expect in the Board exam. This will also help in identifying your weak areas, on which you can work accordingly.
Incorporating all the tips mentioned above will help you in learning and preparing for your Hindi Board exam. These tips will help in getting higher marks in the Hindi Board exam. Good luck!