What is a Doggy Day Care?
A doggy day careis a place to drop your dog while you are at work, similar to a child day care center. Dogs usually have planned activities, down time, and play time with other dogs. There are usually several caretakers for the dogs to make sure that they are having fun and not getting injured. These doggy day cares usually are open from about 6:00am to about 7:00pm daily, and some are even open on weekends to provide service for those who work on weekends.
Some doggy day cares also provide boarding services – or hotels – so that you can drop your dog off for longer periods. You might need to drop your dog off for a week or so because of a vacation or family emergency. These doggy day cares will take care of your pet, and usually let them have the same advantages of the doggy day care.
Some doggy day cares will also have a grooming and spa experience for your pets. Your dog can have a trim, nails trimmed, and sometimes even a massage. The doggy day cares will have professional groomers there to treat your pet like royalty.
Listed below are a few of the doggy day cares in Coquitlam, B.C. You can see which of these fit you and your dog’s needs.
Doggy Day Cares in Coquitlam, B.C.
- Dogtopia – Dogtopia is a doggy day care that has 4.9 stars out of 5 and can watch your dog from 6:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Friday and 9:00am to 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday. They offer day care, boarding, grooming, and training for your beloved pooch.
You can buy passes in amounts of five, ten, or twenty passes to get a savings on the daily day care rates. Boarding costs are competitive to other day cares in the same area and are charged by the night. You must pay the doggy day care rates for the daytime portion of the dog’s stay.
- The Dog Patch – This doggy day care has 4.9 stars out of 5. The Dog Patch has two separate buildings for doggy day care, one for smaller dogs and one for larger dogs. The day care costs are competitive, and you can buy passes in five-, ten-, and fifteen-day passes, and you will get a savings, the more you buy, the lower the cost. They also offer boarding and grooming, as well, both having very competitive rates.
The website has a boarding schedule for the dogs that includes play time, nap time, and food time. There are times when the dogs have alone time and times when they play with other dogs. The dogs are separated for food time and for nap time so that the doggy day care can ensure they are eating well and sleeping well.
- Leash Loft and Spa – Another doggy day care with 4.9 stars out of 5 is the Leash Loft and Spa. They offer doggy day care, boarding, grooming, and training and all are at competitive rates. You can buy doggy day care passes and the rates are a little less expensive. You can also have your dog groomed while it is at doggy day care.
They have separate areas for puppies and for smaller dogs to help keep them safe and happy. The puppies are socialized and introduced to stimuli in a calm and caring way so that they slowly get used to it. The small dogs have a loft just for them and they can enjoy playing with other small dogs or snuggle in the blankets.
- Good Dog Ranch and Spa – This doggy day care is rated at 4.8 stars out of five and offers a variety of services, as well. Some of the many services that Good Dog Wellness in Coquitlam, BC offers are doggy day care, boarding, grooming, and training. They offer passes for day care in five, ten, and twenty passes and they are discounted from the regular rate. They can also train your dog while they are at the day care center.
They offer boarding service that are competitive with other doggy day cares in the area. There is a discounted rate for your dog if it stays longer than a week, the longer the stay the bigger the discount. They also have puppy socialization classes that will allow your puppy to become socialized around other puppies.
- Fetch! Dog Daycare and Grooming – This daycare is yet another 4.9 star rated doggy day care that offers day care, grooming, dental cleaning, and training. They also do puppy socialization for puppies under nine months old. They have doggy day care passes that you can buy in groups of five, ten, or twenty passes and, again, the more passes you buy, the less expensive it is.
They offer dog training for individuals or groups by a certified trainer. They have puppy beginner classes, and adult beginner and intermediate classes for older dogs. They also offer private classes for dogs that need the extra help.
These are just a few of the doggy day cares in the Coquitlam, B.C. area. You can do some research and see some more that might fit your needs. The ones listed above are above four star rated and have many services that they offer. Any of them could probably meet all your needs.