Today CBD oil is one of the most heard names in the USA when it comes to the medical and cosmetic industry. This was because the FDA legalized the growth of industrial hemp just recently here, thereby bringing about a revolution in the world of CBD. CBD, is legalized in most of the countries today, provided it contains less than 0.3% THC. What are CBD and THC? Keep reading to know more about the same:
- CBD (cannabidi0l), also known as CBD oil and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) are two of the main chemical compounds extracted from the Cannabis sativa plant species. THC is known to contain psychoactive properties, due to which it gives you a high when you consume it. You will notice an imbalance in your motor skills and thinking capacity when you consume THC. However, CBD, though obtained from the same source, doesn’t contain any of these properties. It doesn’t intoxicate you. On the contrary, it is one of the beneficial compounds ever found in this plant species.
- The endocannabinoid system of the human body (ECS) produces natural cannabinoids that take care of your appetite, feelings, happiness and the like. CBD is known to react with the neurotransmitters in the ECS, which helps to increase the production of cannabinoids. As a result of this, you will start experiencing a calmness in your overall mental state when you make CBD a regular part of your lives.
- CBD is also known to contain many essential cannabinoids and antioxidants that prevent all oxidative stress caused to your body because of inflammations and oxidative stress. The anti-inflammatory properties of CBD help to provide relief against chronic pain, joint pains, muscle injuries, swelling, rashes, acne and more. Hence it is not surprising to know that CBD is used quite widely in the medical and cosmetic fields.
- Many studies have proved that CBD oil helps to bring down anxiety in a person and help him get rid of problems such as sleep disorders, stress, depression and other mental ailments. The calming effect of CBD oil helps you to develop internal relaxation, thanks to which you can notice a visible difference in your social fear, anxiety and other insecurities.
- Pain that is caused because of seizures in the case of epilepsy is very disturbing, especially for kids. Many studies have proved that the anti-inflammatory and soothing effects of CBD can bring about an obvious reduction in seizures. Thanks to the impact of CBD in controlling seizures, the FDA recently approved a CBD-infused drug named Epidiolex for treating seizures caused by rare epilepsy conditions such as Gastaut Syndrome and Dravet Syndrome.
- The legality of CBD is not the same in all the countries. While most countries approve CBD if it contains less than 0.3% of THC, some approve it contains less than 0.1% of THC only. A few countries, on the other hand, have completely banned the use of CBD. Therefore, know the legality in your geography before you use CBD.
- CBD is available in many forms such as pills, capsules, syrups, tinctures, edibles such as gummies & candies and topical applications such as creams, lotions and more. You can choose any form of CBD that suits your needs the best.