More people are becoming discontent in their married life these days. Like marriages, divorce too happens due to certain astrological factors. The marriage horoscope checks the quality and character of the married life of an individual by looking into the planetary influences and star signs. Similarly, the prospect of divorce too can be read from one’s astrological chart. In Vedic astrology, divorce prediction by Kundli is calculated by looking at the planets and Houses responsible for the same.
Planets responsible for the divorce
Mars, Rahu, Saturn and Sun are natural malefic and are separative in nature. Mars can cause friction and quarrels. Rahu may rouse unhealthy desires and emotions buried deep in the conscience. Saturn may result in obstacles, while the Sun may cause ego clashes. These planets can act as agents of divorce in one’s horoscope. Other than them, Venus and Jupiter also have to be taken into consideration. For males Venus indicates wife. A retrograde or weak Venus indicates disharmony. For women Jupiter indicates husband. So, a weak or afflicted Jupiter shows unhappiness in the form of a husband.
Houses responsible for the divorce
In a marriage horoscope compatibility, the main houses for marital harmony or disharmony are the 4th, 7th, 8th, and 12th houses. Additionally, the second house from the UpapadaLagna and the 6th, 7th, 8th houses along with the Ascendant of the Navamsa chart also need to be checked. The 4th house indicates home and family. If the lord of the 4th house is afflicted it means problems at home. An afflicted 6th house or a weakened lord of the 6th house means disputes and rivalry in married life. An afflicted 7th house with a weak lord means the individual is not destined for a good marital life. If the lord of the 8th house makes connections with the lord of the 7th house, it may trigger extramarital affairs. Problems with the 12th house indicate a poor sexual life. The UpapadaLagna indicates the quality of the relationship between the married couple. The 2nd house from UpapadaLagna indicates the stability of the marriage. If malefic planets are transiting through it, or if it is under the aspect of such planets, it shows chances of a rift in the marriage.
Divorce indicators as per Vedic astrology
In divorce prediction by Kundli, the aforementioned factors or a combination of them are checked by the astrologer. Some of the indicators of a marriage ending in a divorce are:
- Lord of the 7th house associated with the 12th lord with Rahu placed in Lagna
- 7th lord and 12th lord in mutual aspect or exchange sign with Rahu associated with one of the planets
- Birth in the sign of Mars and Saturn, with Venus in the Lagna and an afflicted 7th house
- Presence of Moon and Venus in 7th house and afflicted by malefics
- Presence of Sun in the 7th house under affliction or debilitation with a weak 7th lord
- When the 6th Lord is in the 7th house or vice versa or 6th and 7th lord is conjunct.
- Whenever the 6th house or Lord is associated with Venus, with the 7th house under the influence of separative planets Like Mars, Rahu, Saturn and the Sun
- When the 4th house is afflicted by the 6th lord or 4th lord and 6th lord is conjunct
- 7th lord afflicted with separative planets like Mars, Rahu, Sun etc in the 8th house
- The 7th lord in retrograde with the 8th house afflicted by Rahu, Mars, Sun or Saturn.
- The 12th lord placed in the 4th house or 4th lord placed in 6th, 8th or 12th house, with 7th lord afflicted by Rahu, Sun, Saturn or Mars and with Venus afflicted or debilitated
- The 7th house from Navamsalagna afflicted by malefics
- Rahu-Ketu being placed in the 1-7 axis of Navamsa. The situation exacerbates if the significator of marriage is debilitated in Navamsa or is afflicted by malefics in Navamsa.
- If the 7th and 8th house and their lords in the Navamsa chart are afflicted
- Venus-Ketu conjunction in Navamsa
- The second House from UpapadaLagna is afflicted by malefic planets like Saturn, Mars, Rahu or Ketu.
- UpapadaLagna is conjunct by Ketu and Venus is placed in the 12th house
- Presence of malefic planets like Rahu, Saturn or Mars in the 8th house.
Additionally, if the marriage horoscope kundli indicates late marriage and if the individual gets married earlier, such marriages can end in divorce.