There can be several reasons that can convince you to become vegetarians. For example, you may find vegetarian meals healthy or an animal lover. Certain religious convictions can also pose as reasons for the change in your preferences. Whatever might be the reason, one thing that remains constant is that the healthy meal prep can make your life more comfortable for sure.
Besides, all the other reasons, the fact that vegetarian options are now more accessible and appealing. All the credits for such evolution in the food industry go to the amazingly fresh produce that is available all year-round. Moreover, modern chefs like experimenting with food and try to take inspiration from global cuisine too. In this article, we will focus on some of the most exciting and easy vegetarian recipes that are sure not going to make you miss eating meat.
Easy vegetarian recipes that are very tasty
There is no end of learning how to cook because creation has no boundaries. Making food and serving it to your family and loved ones can make you feel pleased and relaxed. Therefore, in this segment of the article, you will learn how to create magic with fresh produce and everything vegetarian.
1. Burrito bowls
Rated as one of the best vegetarian recipes 2018, burrito bowls are quick recipes that are going to help you stay healthy too. It is like an explosion of flavors in your mouth, so let us quickly learn how to make them.
- Olive oil- 2 tablespoons
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Cherry tomatoes- 1 ½ cups (quartered)
- Corn kernels- 1 ½ cups (frozen and thawed; or fresh)
- Garlic- 2 cloves (minced)
- Lime juice- 2 tablespoons
- Avocado- 1 (pitted, diced, and peeled)
- Cumin- 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Black beans- 2 15.5 oz. (drained after good rinsing)
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Jalapenos (pickled and chopped)
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Sliced radishes
- Take a pan and heat a tablespoon of oil. To this, add the rice and cook for a minute or two till it releases the fragrance. Now, add 1-2 cups of water and salt to taste, and again stir for some time. As soon as you see the water boiling, cover the pan with a lid, and bring the flame to low. Cook like that for 15 minutes or till the time the water completely gets absorbed.
- Now in another pan, pour in the remaining oil and add the chopped garlic. Sauté for half a minute till you can smell the garlic. Pour in half a cup of water, chili powder, cumin, and beans. Simmer the flame, and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the water evaporates. In the meantime, you must stir 2-3 times. Also, add a pinch of salt to the corn mix.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and mix some lime juice with the avocados. Now, you can divide the rice mix into separate bowls. Top the dishes with the other mixtures that you made. So, what you have in front of you is one of the easy vegetarian recipes that you can prepare in a jiffy.
2. Crispy pizza full of vegetables
People who have already tried this have become a fan already. The perfect blend of the zingy salad, along with the crunch of the crust, is a marriage made in heaven. Not only is this one of the easy vegetarian recipes, but it is also delicious too. According to the feedback from several people, we have got to know that the halloumi is the star ingredient in the making of this pizza. Do you agree? Check out the recipe to find out your favorite element here.
- Vinegar (white wine)- 1 tablespoon
- Fresh basil (chopped)- ¼ cup
- Canola oil- 1 tablespoon
- Red onion (thinly sliced)- ½ cup
- Kosher salt (divided)- ½ teaspoon
- Spring mix- 4 cups
- Black pepper- ¼ teaspoon
- Red pepper (crushed)- 1/8 teaspoon
- Zucchini (stripped and shaved)- 1 cup
- Tomatoes (sliced thinly)- 2 medium
- Pizza crust (whole wheat)
- Feta cheese or halloumi (crumbled)- 2/3 cup
- Basil pesto (refrigerated)- ¼ cup
- You have to begin by preheating the oven to the temperature of 400-degrees Fahrenheit and make sure that the oven rack is in the top position. Now, mix in vinegar, black pepper, and oil in a medium-size bowl. Next, you have to mix in the zucchini and let the whole mixture cool down to room temperature. It will take about 10-12 minutes for the mixture to cool down.
- While the mixture is resting, you can start working on your pizza crust. Lay it flat on a baking tray and brush a generous amount of the pesto sauce on top of it. Sprinkle or spread the grated cheese over the sauce. Make the topping with crushed pepper and the red, juicy tomatoes. Now, put on the top rack that is preheated and make the crust crispier for 6-7 minutes. Next, you have to heat the broiler to make the cheese bubble. It will take a minute or two hardly. You can now remove the pizza and let it cool.
- To the zucchini mixture, add in some baby spring, basil, and onion. Now, arrange the whole green, leafy mixture on the surface of the pizza. Finally, divide and serve the pizza steaming hot.
2. Marinated zucchini and avocado veggie sandwich
The veggie sandwich is full of nutrition and filled with fantastic flavor. The look of this is extraordinary, with the vibrant color play doing its work. A tip for you to make your easy vegetarian recipes better is to use a special dip. It is the one made by blending avocado and hummus. You can use this as just a dip or a bread spread, too, depending on your wish. You can have this sandwich for any meal around the day. It is undoubtedly not going to disappoint your mind and tummy either.
- Hummus- ¼ cup
- Tomato (sliced thickly)- 2
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Red onions (thinly sliced)- ¼ cup
- Avocado (sliced)- half
- Bell peppers (jarred, roasted, and sliced thinly)- ¼ cup
- Bell pepper (green-sliced)- ¼ cup
- Kosher salt (divided)- ¼ teaspoon
- Bell pepper (green-sliced)- ¼ cup
- Green lettuce- ½ ounce
- Black pepper- ¼ teaspoon
- Fresh oregano (chopped)- ½ teaspoon
- Whole-wheat bread slices
- Olive oil (extra-virgin)- 1 tablespoon
- Zucchini (sliced)- 2 ounces.
- Take a blender and put in one by one, the hummus, black pepper and salt a pinch each, avocado, and lemon juice. Blend the ingredients until they form a smooth, buttery paste. Now, you can spread the mixture on the bread slices thinly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, take the zucchini, drizzle some oil and mix with the remaining salt and pepper powder.
- Take a slice of bread and layer with lettuce, tomato, zucchini, red onion, bell peppers, avocado slices, and the red peppers that were roasted. Finally, finish with another slice of bread on top. You should preferably serve the sandwich immediately for the best experience. Also, the fresh vegetables will have the zing and crunch to them. Otherwise, you can also cut the sandwich into halves and wrap them in plastic foil. It will stay alright for almost two days if kept in the fridge. The fact is easy vegetarian recipes are healthier than their non-veg counterparts, and this is one of the examples.
3. Tofu with cauliflower masala
Indian food is known for its diversity and mainly for the use of the best spices. Every Indian kitchen smells incredible with the spluttering sound of spices. Moreover, you will find several easy vegetarian recipes in this cuisine as well. Now, this one is also one of the Indian vegetarian dinner recipes that you are going to love. You can serve this delicious dish with any kind of flatbread, especially naan.
- White oil or coconut oil
- Garam masala
- Onions (thinly sliced)
- Ginger (fine chopped)
- Garlic (finely chopped)
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Fresh tofu (cubes)
- Cauliflower florets
- Fresh cream
- Red chili powder
- Green chilies (slit and deseeded)
- Fresh coriander (chopped)
- Lime juice- 1 teaspoon
- Lime wedges (optional)- for garnishing
- Heat some oil in a pan and pour in the cubed tofu. You just have to sauté them and not fry them completely. Take the tofu out and keep them separately.
- Now take a little more oil in the pan and pour in half a teaspoon of cumin and let it splutter. Next, put in the cauliflower florets and start to sauté them until golden brown. At this stage, add some salt and cover the lid of the pan.
- After about 5 minutes, when you uncover the lid, you will see that the cauliflower has softened down a little. To this, add some turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, and a little chili powder.
- Keep stirring and fry the masala with sprinkles of water. The water will prevent the spices from drying out or burning. Now pour in half a cup of water and boil till the water dries out. You can now add the tofu too.
- While the water boils, take a small bowl and add some fresh crème to it. Now pour in some garam masala powder and black pepper.
- Once the water has dried out, pour in the crème mixture, and stir gently. Now that you see a bright golden color to the curry, just sprinkle chopped coriander and a dash of lemon juice.
- Your dish is ready. Serve it with slit green chilies and lemon wedges for garnish.
4. Mac and cheese with roasted vegetables
We all love a bowl of creamy and gooey mac and cheese, but here we have come up with a twist in the tale. Now this one is a great way to add veggies to one of our comfort foods. You can also term this one as one of the easy vegetarian recipes for kids because you can convince them to finish a bowl of creamy macaroni efficiently. Check out the recipe and get ready to make this one for dinner tonight.
- Cooking spray olive oil
- Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)- 2 tablespoons
- Broccoli florets
- Grated Havarti cheese- 1 cup
- Cauliflower florets
- Cheddar cheese (grated)- 1 ¼ cup
- Butternut squash
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Brussel sprouts
- Vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Fat-free milk- 2 cups
- Kosher salt
- Multigrain elbow pasta
- Onions (chopped)
- Garlic (chopped)
- Begin the process by preheating the oven at 425-degrees Fahrenheit. Take a baking tray and line with aluminum foil and spray the foil sheets with some oil spray. Now take another bowl and in it put one by one, the broccoli, cauliflower, squash, and Brussel sprouts. Add some oil along with a pinch of salt and pepper as per taste. Now line the baking tray evenly with the vegetables. Keep the heat the same and bake the ingredients for about half an hour. You must flip sides 3-4 times in between.
- While the vegetables are getting roasted on the one side, start working on the pasta. Take a saucepan and start boiling water. It is the same procedure as you will see on the back of the pasta package.
- Take a pan now and pour in a few dollops of butter in it. To this add the chopped onions and garlic. Now after sautéing for a few seconds, drop in some flour and keep on stirring. Once the paleness of the flour is gone, start poring milk, little at a time. While you are pouring the milk, make sure you are stirring the mixture so that there are no lumps. In this way, you will be able to achieve the perfect white sauce.
- Now remove the pan from heat, add the boiled pasta and the cheese and start mixing to get the stretch and gooeyness. To the mixture, begin mixing the roasted vegetables. Serve hot!
Finally, you know how good and tasty vegetarian food is, right? So, go ahead and make life a little greener by enjoying fresh meals with loads of vegetables.