Losing weight by going to the gym daily is one of the best solutions to achieve that fit body. But, are you aware of what can happen if you suddenly start to burn all those fats? Well, to give you a heads up, your skin may not appear as firm as you expected it to be and it may start to become a bit loose.
Anyone, especially the older group of people, may experience having saggy and loose skin. Sadly, treating such skin condition can be a challenge. With today’s innovative technologies and treatment methods, people can now easily tighten their skin. Medical treatments, whether invasive or non-invasive, can be a huge help when you are planning to firm up and tighten those saggy skin. You can check here to learn more about these treatment methods and how much they can work effectively.
Several factors contribute to the development of loose and saggy skin. While you look for effective treatments for your skin issue, it is best to be aware of the reasons why your skin starts to sag. Doing so can help to maintain your skin.
Factors That Causes Your Skin To Sag
The arms, abdomen, and neck area are the common areas where saggy skin can develop. There are tons of reasons why skin starts to sag, and some of these are due to the activities that we do in our daily lives.
As we get older, the connective tissues found in our body that support the organs, bones, and cartilage becomes weak. As these tissues weaken, the skin also gets affected. These connective tissues consist of collagen and elastin fibres. Both are important proteins that are produced in the dermis. Elastin is responsible for giving the skin the ability to bounce back when stretched. While collagen helps to maintain the skin’s structure and firmness.
When one has carried excess weight for too long, it can cause damages to the elastin and collagen fibres in the skin, which makes it harder for the skin to bounce back when you start to lose weight. Losing tons of weight immediately may result in developing saggy skin. Such occurrence may lead people to undertake surgery treatment just to get rid of the sagging skin. These factors can be a problem when you are older as the skin may tend to be weaker and more fragile.
Saggy skin happens to all women who have undergone pregnancy. Women who had twins or triplets may develop more saggy skin than those who only carry one baby in their womb. The saggy skin forms in the abdominal area. As much as you want to avoid this, you will have to accept that your skin has a high possibility of sagging when you will soon be giving birth to a child. Worry not, as for most cases, skin that sags due to pregnancy can be easily treated at home by using topical treatments like creams and lotion that contain collagen. Apply a small amount of these products in the affected area and massage it gently. Do this regularly and you’ll notice that the skin will start to tighten.
How To Treat Saggy Skin?
The skin can sag due to a lot of reasons. Luckily, there are ways you can do to reduce and completely get rid of such skin depression.
For milder saggy skin
Home remedies are available to treat minor sagging. Such remedies include doing at-home exercises, taking supplements, and applying topical treatments.
- Exercise – For women who were recently pregnant, exercise is the best solution for getting rid of that saggy skin. Any activity that builds muscle mass and tightens the muscle can reduce the appearance of minor saggy skin.
- Supplements – Specialist has recommended taking oral supplements that contain ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and collagen to help reduce the saggy skin and better yet, prevent the skin from sagging.
- Topical treatments – Any topical treatments that contain retinol can improve elasticity around the facial area of the skin. Such topical treatments can come in the form of a cream, serum, or lotion product.
For moderate to severe saggy skin
Non-invasive and invasive treatments can help improve the elasticity and tone of saggy skin. Such treatment methods can only be done by a medical professional.
- Micro Focused Ultrasound (MFU) – This treatment procedure sends heat energy into the layers of the skin which then supports the production of collagen and lift the saggy skin. Results from MFU treatment may take several months and may last for about a year.
- Laser Therapy – Several kinds of laser therapy can help boost collagen production to improve the overall skin tone. Such treatment procedure works best for firming the stomach and upper arms. Multiple sessions of laser therapy may be required to achieve the best results.
- Laser Resurfacing – An effective treatment procedure that removes the upper layer of the skin as it sends heat into the lower layers to trigger collagen production. Such treatment procedure has a longer downtime that may take up to two weeks.