Ideally, when you think of social media promotion, you first think of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. But that’s not only where the digital marketing periphery is limited. YouTube for business is one of the most popular and effective digital marketing options that you must consider.
YouTube is the second biggest website globally, which makes it a great source of reaching out to target audience right across the world. Since it has an immense reach, it can generate immediate response and garner huge traffic to a site. It also helps in lead generation and is far more interactive and engaging.
Quick facts about YouTube
- Being the second biggest website worldwide, YouTube has a billion of registered subscribers. A billion people watch or engage with the site every day.
- People around 18 to 50-year-old are the primary users of YouTube, who engages through their mobile or tablets. YouTube also comes inbuilt on television which makes it easily accessible by all.
- It has a bigger reach than any television network especially among the youth between 18 to 35.
- The network is growing rapidly which indicates a larger possibility of users in the future. This makes it even more inevitable for channelizing YouTube for business use.
It is important to be relevant and follow trends. From the viewpoint of engagement, it makes more sense to invest in visible benefits rather than subjective ATL promotions. Thus, a good YouTube views strategy might be the only media you need to spend in to fulfill your desired objectives.
Using youtube for business marketing
Check out the best way to create a YouTube business plan for your brand:
1. Create a unique strategy
YouTube is engaging and keeps a user engaged for a longer span. It is time-consuming than other networks as it is video-based – so you need to give more time than what you’d give for static promotions.
Before you deep dive into content creation, you must get your strategy evaluated. To begin with, you need to assess, why you want to do YouTube marketing and what do you want to achieve from it.
Set tangible goals by creating awareness, engaging and informing people, generating leads, generating trials, redirecting traffic to selling sites, improving visibility, and more.
Set clear goals and keep limited objectives when you start off. Communication through your content must be relevant to the objective. It must be easily understood by the people and simple to catch.
2. Video creation
Content creation or making videos is the most inevitable part of YouTube marketing. It can be done in various ways and mainly depends on the purpose of communication. Videos can be created through graphics and animations.
There can be an actual shoot of a video you post or you can create it with software. However, it depends on the brand purpose and objective to evaluate the budget, content, and how you go about it.
There are different purposes for different videos to generate more brand awareness. You need to create videos which showcase your brand value, purpose, mission, vision, and yield returns.
For example, if you have a product, you need to create value through creative communication. Videos on unboxing stories, user tutorials, reviews from influencers are essential to spread awareness.
Once you have generated initial views and created engagement, nurture the growth by demonstrating your product. Reach out for testimonials and share it with ordinary people using your product. These don’t just help you create case studies but build trust and loyal customers.
3. Managing a YouTube channel
It is pretty simple to manage a YouTube channel yet there are people who fret about it or get the work done by someone else. YouTube management tools are much simpler than most social networks. However, as you expand, it becomes very important to keep a person dedicated to managing your channel.
The person must track the comments and reply, keep a constant watch for the brand’s growth and image. For more assistance, you should use the Agorapulse tool when using YouTube for business. It helps you track all the comments, respond in time, and publish content quickly and efficiently.
4. Integrate SEO for successful promotion
SEO still remains as the most important tool to fetch desired results online, even if you’re posting videos on YouTube. To make a potential user find you on top and see your videos through search, you need to optimize your YouTube channel and subsequently each of your videos.
YouTube for business needs SEO strategies like:
- Channel keywords: YouTube channel keywords is the most important thing to start with, as it represents your business and the videos to help the network understand the category and drive the traffic to your channel accordingly.
- Video headline and body descriptor: When writing the headline and description, use relevant keywords which has more chances of being searched. This will help YouTube to understand your communication and get you more traffic.
- Video tags: Another important factor is adding relevant video tags. These can be the channel keywords. Add relevant tags to all the videos so that it can generate a higher number of viewing.
- Watch time: Bring your audience organically to the videos. The more time viewers spend watching the videos, is better for your SEO Plan. YouTube promotes videos that garner more views and that will help you stay on top.
- Engagement metrics: YouTube also evaluates based on the engagement a video generates. The more comments, likes/dislikes, shares a video get the better it is for promotion.
- A number of subscribers: YouTube pushes bigger channels organically. It keeps a track on how many new subscribers a channel generates immediately post-viewing a video.
There are many tools that you will slowly get to learn once you integrate YouTube for business. Go through a TubeBuddy, a YouTube-certified management tool, which will help you in the process and make your base stronger.
YouTube is slowly becoming the most sought-after network for promotion. But to ensure proper results, one must also get the timing right. This is possible through an in-depth customer usage study and analysis. You need to study the market, understand your target audience, and make engaging videos. There are definitely investments involved, but once it kicks off you can not only grow your business but even earn money from YouTube. It will take time but it is very rewarding if you’re persistent.