Usually, an ideal bed lasts up to 10 to 15 years. After that certain period, it is important that you change or upgrade your bed. The decision to go for a new one can be considered as a big step as there are many changes that you would undergo.
It is said that human beings spend one-third of their entire life sleeping and this is the reason you must have a proper understanding of your sleeping requirements before making a purchase. Choosing the wrong bed without proper research can lead to you having pain in the body muscles as well as backaches. All these can hamper your sleep which would then take a toll on your physical and mental health. A perfect bed can help you in changing your sleep routine and also help you lead a healthy day-to-day life. So, you can follow the below-mentioned advice on how to find the right type of bed for yourself.
Simple Ways To Look For The Ideal Bed
Before making a purchase you must find out exactly what your body type is. Find out if you are a side sleeper or not or if there are frequent tosses and turns at night. Your sleeping position also can say what type of personality you have. This indicates that every sleeping position must have a particular bed that the sleeper would prefer. There are plenty of thoughts to be made while looking for a bed. Read below the steps to choose the right one.
- Visit a store in person: It is suggested that you choose your bed in practice, by visiting a store and not online. Online shopping might have its benefits but if you want to choose the right and comfortable bed for yourself, then you would have to choose the bed by being there. You cannot determine if your bed is perfect just by looking at it through your mobile and laptop screen. While you visit a store, you can witness the various shapes and styles of the beds on display and pick one that suits your choice and comfort.
- Lie on the bed at the store for a better judgment: Before making a bed purchase, you must always make sure that you examine it by literally lying on it. Lie down on the bed, toss and turn to find out any sort of disturbances or difficulties that you face, and then make a decision. There can never be one bed for everyone. Different people have different body structures and therefore their needs are also different. Your weight and your personal choice is the main factor behind having different choices.
- Look for the perfect size: Always purchase the appropriate bed size to avoid any future hassles. It can feel awry to you if you don’t get your required space on the bed while sleeping. There are the ones who need extra space on their beds while sleeping while some can doze off at smaller and congested spaces. It is not necessary that if you are single then you need to have a single bed.
You can go for a single size bed, a double or even a large one to stay comfortable in. And if you are a couple or you have a sleeping partner, then you can go for either a queen size or a king size bed. A queen size bed is an ideal choice for two sleepers as they are of moderate size and can fit in a medium-sized bedroom. Queen sized beds are of the dimensions of 60 inches by 80 inches and can fit into a room of 9.6 x 10 square feet of space.
Deleted: But if you feel that this bed size is not ideal for you both or your partner takes up most of the space, then, you can switch to a king size bed which is of the dimension of 76 inches by 80 inches. But to adjust a king size bed, you would have to have a master bedroom that has a minimum of 10 x 12 square feet of space. If you need to choose between a king vs queen bed for couples, we would suggest you go with the one which you feel comfortable in.
- Look for the one supporting your back conveniently: Various types of beds are available that would support your back easing you from aches and pains. Few mentions among them are the spring beds and the slat bed types. Your perfect bed should be able to satisfy you in all aspects and it should be worth your money. If you are dealing with issues like back pain, then you need to opt for an adjustable bed. Adjustable beds help you get rid of pains and other issues in the back.
- Choose the storage beds that will help save a lot of space: You can find not only mattresses in the bed, but blankets, bedsheets, and pillows of various shapes as well. There are the wide and short pillows for resting the head and then there are the long and narrow pillow forms for resting the arms or legs. All these things on the bed can make it look stuffed and therefore a storage bed can help. You can store your belongings on the beds, the pillows, and the sheets into the storages attached to the bed and can pick them out in times of need without any hassle. These types of beds are beneficial for those who don’t have enough space in their room to place a wardrobe. You can store your belongings in such beds without any added hassle and without creating a mess of things.
- Make sure your product is worth the price: Buying a quality bed is never cheap and the cheaper ones are never comfortable. So, it would be wise to purchase your bed after proper research, checking on the customer reviews, and also considering the price so that you don’t have to regret it later.
A Good and comfortable bed is of utmost need for having a quality and peaceful sleep. Also, choosing the right bed can be troublesome. You can take the above-mentioned tips as a guide on what factors you should look for while purchasing a mattress.